Lead Calculation Engineer – UAE
Leading, guiding, and motivating the team of Calculation Engineers to ensure all work is completed to the relevant standards, and specifications.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Prepare conceptual and detailed design calculations, layouts, sketches, specifications.
• Provide input to feasibility studies, design criteria, reports, preliminary design and engineering specifications.
• Investigate field and design problems and prepare reports.
• Liaison with Client, Authorities, Contractors.
• Site visits and inspections.
• Supervise and lead structural and piping project team(s), monitoring progress and issue of deliverables and reporting on performance of the team.
• Preparation of Studies, Design Criteria, and Quantity Estimates.
• Contribute to preparation of proposals and man-hour estimates.
• Promote the achievement of the Project Core Expectations.
• Develop and implement Project Engineering Procedures.
• Develop and promote Engineering Safety in Design initiatives.
• Actively promote an emphasis on Safety.
• Create a professionally challenging work environment for team members.
• Coordinate all requirements for the related project with other disciplines.
Qualification and Knowledge
• 4-5 years of experience.
• Mechanical Engineering Degree. (only western educated candidates)
• Demonstrate understanding of international Regulatory framework for the Offshore Oil & Gas Industry such as: AISC (WSD/LRFD), API-RP-2A, DNV / ABS, ASME.
• Knowledge of classification societies such as DNV, ABS, Lloyds in relation to structural and piping design. Well versed in calculation and drafting software such as STAAD, ABAQUS, and AUTOCAD.
• Have experience in the application of functional assurance processes and techniques to structural and piping engineering activities.
• Technical knowledge of steel fabrication (piping and structural). Knowledge of High Pressure piping (5,000psi, 10,000psi, 15,000psi WP) beneficial.
• Team Leadership – Successfully manage and lead a team to project or task completion.
• Project Management – Effectively manages projects by appropriately focusing on the critical priorities.
• Enforcing Company Policies and Procedures – Aligns oneself, and encourage others to align with company policies and procedures.
• Initiative when solving problems – Proactively identifies the root causes of the problem. Keeps the big picture in mind when creating solutions.
• Collaboration – Works efficiently and inclusively with a range of people, both within and outside of the organization.
With regards to Key roles to focus on, the two engineering roles in Poole, especially the refrigeration engineer. The New Product Development Chef in Poole, 2 engineering roles is Ossett.
Engineering Manager- Poole- up to £50,000- need Food manufacturing experience and management expereince
Refigeration Engineer – Poole- £35k Basic- £45-£50,000 with over time- need to have e…lectrical qualification and experience in working with Ammonia Refigeration Systems, Ammonia Systems
Value Stream Engineering Group Leader- Ossett £35-40,000 Value Steam Engineering Team Member- Ossett 30,000