Lead Calculation Engineer – UAE
Leading, guiding, and motivating the team of Calculation Engineers to ensure all work is completed to the relevant standards, and specifications.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Prepare conceptual and detailed design calculations, layouts, sketches, specifications.
• Provide input to feasibility studies, design criteria, reports, preliminary design and engineering specifications.
• Investigate field and design problems and prepare reports.
• Liaison with Client, Authorities, Contractors.
• Site visits and inspections.
• Supervise and lead structural and piping project team(s), monitoring progress and issue of deliverables and reporting on performance of the team.
• Preparation of Studies, Design Criteria, and Quantity Estimates.
• Contribute to preparation of proposals and man-hour estimates.
• Promote the achievement of the Project Core Expectations.
• Develop and implement Project Engineering Procedures.
• Develop and promote Engineering Safety in Design initiatives.
• Actively promote an emphasis on Safety.
• Create a professionally challenging work environment for team members.
• Coordinate all requirements for the related project with other disciplines.
Qualification and Knowledge
• 4-5 years of experience.
• Mechanical Engineering Degree. (only western educated candidates)
• Demonstrate understanding of international Regulatory framework for the Offshore Oil & Gas Industry such as: AISC (WSD/LRFD), API-RP-2A, DNV / ABS, ASME.
• Knowledge of classification societies such as DNV, ABS, Lloyds in relation to structural and piping design. Well versed in calculation and drafting software such as STAAD, ABAQUS, and AUTOCAD.
• Have experience in the application of functional assurance processes and techniques to structural and piping engineering activities.
• Technical knowledge of steel fabrication (piping and structural). Knowledge of High Pressure piping (5,000psi, 10,000psi, 15,000psi WP) beneficial.
• Team Leadership – Successfully manage and lead a team to project or task completion.
• Project Management – Effectively manages projects by appropriately focusing on the critical priorities.
• Enforcing Company Policies and Procedures – Aligns oneself, and encourage others to align with company policies and procedures.
• Initiative when solving problems – Proactively identifies the root causes of the problem. Keeps the big picture in mind when creating solutions.
• Collaboration – Works efficiently and inclusively with a range of people, both within and outside of the organization.