Calculation Engineer – UAE
Preparation of calculation notes to the required industry standards.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform calculations and analysis.
- Ensure timely delivery of the calculation notes from subcontractors, verify that the calculation notes are in accordance with the applicable standards (AISC, ABS, DNV, etc.),
- Review and assess calculation notes prepared by subcontractors when applicable.
- Attend site visit and produce Site Visit Report in order to verify and confirm structural works requirement as per specification and drawings related to the project.
- Review, check, and verify all structural drawings, and documents related to project.
- Produce Material Take-Off and Material Requisition for Structural discipline related to project.
- Finalize material, and size of structure for fabrication.
- Using drafting software to implement changes to documents if needed.
- Assist the project engineers during the preliminary studies, procurement, and installation phases.
Qualification and Knowledge
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in the field
- Engineering degree or other related. (only western educated candidates)
- STAAD, ABAQUS, AUTOCAD
- Good understanding of Engineering, Oil and Gas related technical requirements, and common / best practices.
- Technical knowledge of steel fabrication (piping and structural)
- Understanding of related standards AISC (WSD/LRFD), API-RP-2A, ASME.
- Familiar with third party inspectorates such as DNV, ABS, Lloyds in relation to structural and piping design.
- Project Management – Effectively manages projects by appropriately focusing on the critical priorities.
- Data Analysis and Problem Solving – Demonstrates the ability to analyze and understand data and information quickly.
- Collaboration – Works efficiently and inclusively with a range of people, both within and outside of the organization.